Let’s face it, party planning for your little ones can be stressful and time-consuming. But, with a little organization, you can pull it together quite easily. With superhero movies seemingly released every month this year, the Superhero theme party is bang on trend and makes for a bold and colorful birthday party theme for your little superheroes, no matter whether they are a birthday boy or girl.
We love superhero parties and, as parents and aunties/uncles, have had some good practice. We would love to share what we’ve learned and so have made a simple checklist with tips, resources, and freebies to help you save some precious time. With a little planning and the right decorations, your superhero party will be the talk of the class!
1. Plan Your Superhero Guest List. While younger kids up to around 7 tend to invite the whole class, older kids may prefer a smaller group of friends. We say the more little superheroes, the merrier!
2. Choose a Venue. Select a venue based on the number of guests, your budget and your appetite for cleaning up afterward! The superhero birthday party works well at home, especially in the garden where your little superheroes can fly and battle villains without making your living room look like Gotham City on a bad day!
3. Prepare Invitations.A key element to set the tone for the event and build excitement around your kids' birthday party. We’ve made a Free Printable Superhero Invitation for youto simply print, cut out and add the details.
Top Tip: Send felt superhero masks out with your invitation and encourage them to come in costume, ready to immerse themselves in your superhero theme.4. Order a Superhero Cake.Superhero cakes can be so fun and simple. Check out my favorite superhero party cake designs for some inspiration.
Cake by https://www.beverlysbakery.com/
5. Recruit Super Sidekicks.Depending on the size of your party, you might want to call in reinforcements to help deliver your superhero ideas. Your super-efficient friend or loving grandparents are your most likely heroes for this important role! My husband is a great sidekick and looks stunning in green tights.😁
6. Mail your Invitations. Get these out the door now to avoid clashes in that best friend’s calendar, especially during the busy summer months. You may want to send these via Facebook if you’re friends with the guests’ families.
7. Order Superhero Party Supplies. Time for the fun part! Keep it simple, colorful and fun, making your little one the star of their own epic superhero movie. For those with the talent to make their own superhero crafts, Pinterest is the best source for superhero party ideas. For those who prefer the ready-made route, take a look at our own Superhero Party Supplies!
8. Plan your Superhero Party Games and Activities.This doesn’t need to be complicated as just masking them up and giving them space to role play already makes for an entertaining party. If you are looking for simple superhero games that burn energy and keep them entertained, then check our free Ebook which contains some of the best superhero activities in the universe!
8. Plan Your Party Flow.Simply run through the event in your head and jot down a schedule to include: arrival, photoshoot, superhero party activities and games, food, cake, and superhero party favors.
Top Tip:Delegate some areas of the party to your helpers. I tend to put my husband on games and activities and my super-organized friend on the food, leaving me to keep an eye on the flow and to make sure the kids are having the time of their life.
9. Chase Up Invitations.Give those families you didn’t hear from a call so that you can get a better idea of numbers to help you plan. If you know most of the parents you could even set up a Facebook Superhero Party Event to let you track and communicate more easily.
10. Purchase Food.This can be simple or complex depending on your appetite (sorry..) for being creative in the kitchen. We’ve assembled our very favorite simple Superhero party food ideas and table decorations with free printables inside. Keep it fun and colorful.
11. Prepare for Photos/Video.Whether you’re using your phone or Uncle Bob’s expert photography services, charge your battery and get ready to capture those memories. We have a huge 7x5ft superhero backdrop and photo booth props which makes for some memorable photos at different events. Check it out here!
12. Confirm Venue.Call your external venue to confirm or clear away your vases and garden gnomes in preparation for your mini Avengers to assemble.
13. Prep Superhero Party Favors.Line up your bags in a box or fruit crate and fill ’em up with goodies so you have one less thing to worry about on the day. Again, this doesn’t need to be too complex or expensive. Take a peek at some of the best quality and value choices in ourTop 10 Superhero Favors out there now.
14. Bake/Collect the Cake.This will look amazing, you’ll see. Just use your superpowers to hold it very carefully if you are collecting it from the store.
15. Confirm Sidekicks.Call your Robin to make sure they are on point and have their green tights ready.
16. Decorate.Get everything in place and furniture moved if you need to, so you can be ready and relaxed for a stress-free Super Hero party.
TOP TIP: If using Helium, wait until just before the party as it will only stay in latex balloons for around 12-20 hours.
17. Prep the Food.This isn’t your first rodeo I’m sure, but keep it simple, organized and front load the prep as much as you can to make life easier.
18. Playlist.Music is key to the party and you’ll need some typically epic superhero party music as your party soundtrack. We use this popular “Superhero Theme” Playlist on Spotify.
Here is a video showing how our Superhero Party looked with everything in place.
19. Send Thank You Cards. A simple thank you note from your little one will go a long way with the families that came.
20. Give yourself a massive pat on the back! Another year, another party. Well done - you are winning at this whole parenting thing!
-GOOD LUCK, RELAX & DON’T FORGET TO BUILD THOSE MEMORIES-
Comments will be approved before showing up.